As of 8/6/21
Monterey Conference Center
At the Monterey Conference Center, we are proud of the many efforts we make towards keeping and maintaining a thoroughly clean and safe environment, free from the risk of infections and diseases, both for our employees and guests. To that end, we are committed to ensuring that our facilities are always well maintained, following meticulous health and safety guidelines in line with Monterey County Health Department, CDC, and the City of Monterey Policies. All our employees are given proper training on these policies, and we are always looking for ways to improve so that we can continue to offer the very highest standards of safety. The Monterey Conference Center has received our GBAC STAR™ Accreditation and is committed to the GBAC STAR™ Program elements which include provisions for minimizing and controlling risks associated with infectious disease outbreaks and potential exposures in relation to customers, clients, employees, the community, and the environment. Monterey Conference Center is committed to proper cleaning, disinfection, and infectious disease prevention work practices and controls are in place, properly maintained, and continuously improved. For more information, please visit the Monterey Travel Updates page.
Portola Hotel and Spa
Portola has the following features that enhance the SAFETY, COMFORT & WELLBEING of our guests:
- All our guest rooms and suites have been fully renovated and refurbished in 2020. All guest rooms are separately air-conditioned, and each has an operating outside door or window to allow fresh air
- Atrium lobby in a fresh air garden on two levels allows ample space for seating and socialization while complying with social distancing guidelines
- Large guest hallways reduce potential contacts with other guests or our associates
- Numerous outdoor patio and terrace areas, Cottonwood Plaza and Jeffers Plaza are available to our guests
- Adjacent access to Monterey Bay Coastal Recreational Trail, Fisherman’s Wharf and Cannery Row, and several dining venues overlooking Monterey Bay
To enhance safety and reduce the risk for our guests and employees, we have implemented the
following sanitation and safety protocols based on the most current information available for the
- Sanitizing shared equipment and high-touch areas (especially in public spaces) on a regular schedule throughout the day. Hand sanitizer stations are available in key areas throughout the hotel, including the hotel main entrances, front desk, and elevator landings
- Signage and social distancing guidelines are in place throughout the hotel public spaces, including restrooms and elevators. All employees have been trained to practice social distancing and will remain six feet away from other employees and guests at all times
- Employees are required to wear face masks and appropriate personal protective equipment at all times
- Each guest room is cleaned with approved disinfectants with special attention paid to all high touch surfaces (door handles, light switches, TV remote, etc.)
- Currently, we have suspended entering guestrooms until guest checkout. Amenities, towels, etc. are delivered upon request. We provide departure service, meaning all guest rooms are thoroughly cleaned upon departure
- 60,000 sq. ft. of flexible meeting space with the adjacent Monterey Conference Center providing ample meeting space to aid with social and physical distancing
- 60,000 sq. ft. of outdoor event space
Read Portola's full policy here
The Monterey Marriott is committed to providing you with a safe environment that aligns with expert protocols for working to defeat COVID-19. Consisting of in-house and outside experts in food and water safety, hygiene and infection prevention, and hotel operations, our Marriott Cleanliness Council is redefining our cleaning and safety standards. We will actively monitor and evolve our solutions to ensure a continued focus on the health and safety of our guests and associates.
Read the Marriott full policy here.
Signage will be appropriately provided and highly visible throughout the public areas and meeting spaces to remind CSDA guests of guidelines to practice good hygiene with frequent handwashing; mask protocols and a minimum of six feet physical distancing